[Aide] Question about report output

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Wed Nov 29 10:25:50 EET 2006

Jason Martens wrote:
> Thanks, this helps.  So, how should I decipher the report line:
> File /var/lib/opennms/rrd/snmp in databases has different attributes,
> 4029,2077
> ?
>
> Which of the attributes listed changed? I know that not all of them did.
> Is it the difference between the two listed?

Those lines just mean that the attributes that aide will store in
aide.db for that file have changed. This is most likely caused by a
change in aide.conf.

> The report would be much more useful if it listed what changed in human
> readable form, rather than hex or some other numerical method.  Or, at
> least have a readily accessible table so us poor humans can convert
> it... :)

For changed attributes of the files, that is the case of course. For
changes of the number of attributes present in the aide.db this is just
a warning because you should have anticipated this when changing the
aide.conf file. Why spell out in detail what you probably already know
and changed intentionally?

Sincerely,

Richard van den Berg