[Aide] Question about report output

Jason Martens me at jasonmartens.com
Wed Nov 29 19:10:18 EET 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 09:25 +0100, Richard van den Berg wrote:
> Jason Martens wrote:
<snip>
> > The report would be much more useful if it listed what changed in human
> > readable form, rather than hex or some other numerical method.  Or, at
> > least have a readily accessible table so us poor humans can convert
> > it... :)
>
> For changed attributes of the files, that is the case of course. For
> changes of the number of attributes present in the aide.db this is just
> a warning because you should have anticipated this when changing the
> aide.conf file. Why spell out in detail what you probably already know
> and changed intentionally?

Ahhh, ok. That makes more sense.  I was confused, thinking that the
report was telling me that the *file* had changed, when in fact, the
*database* had change.

I guess it would be nice if it was more obvious which is which, but I
don't really think it's necessary to list the changed attributes in this
case.

Thanks,
Jason Martens