[Aide] Question about report output

Jason Martens me at jasonmartens.com
Tue Nov 28 23:46:28 EET 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 16:02 -0500, James Antill wrote:
> Jason Martens <me at jasonmartens.com> writes:

<snip>
> > My question is simply, what are the 4029 and 2077 attributes?  Size?
> > Change time?  How can I correlate the report output with the attributes
> > I am checking?
>
>  Here's a python app. which will decode it. I also thought I'd changed
> it to report in Hex, but I might not have bothered...
>
> % aide-attrs 4029
> filename
> perm
> uid
> gid
> size
> ctime
> mtime
> inode
> bcount
> lnkcount
> % aide-attrs 2077
> filename
> perm
> uid
> gid
> lnkcount

<snip>

Thanks, this helps.  So, how should I decipher the report line:
File /var/lib/opennms/rrd/snmp in databases has different attributes,
4029,2077
?

Which of the attributes listed changed? I know that not all of them did.
Is it the difference between the two listed?

The report would be much more useful if it listed what changed in human
readable form, rather than hex or some other numerical method.  Or, at
least have a readily accessible table so us poor humans can convert
it... :)

Thanks for helping me understand this.

Jason Martens