[Aide] 0.11rc2 observations

Vincent Danen vdanen at linsec.ca
Sun Jan 22 19:05:22 EET 2006

* Richard van den Berg <richard at vdberg.org> [2006-01-22 12:15:13 +0000]:

> > Anyways, I have a few questions.  I see that aide complains when "c" and
> > "I" are used, but this seems to extend to "c" and "i" as well as is seen
> > here:
>
> No, that is a bug. The message should really only be displayed when I
> and c are used. The i has nothing to do with it. I think I fixed this by
> replacing
>
>    if ((attr&(DB_CHECKINODE|DB_CTIME)) != 0 )
>
> by
>
>    if (attr&DB_CHECKINODE && attr&DB_CTIME)
>
> in commandconf.c.

Ok, I'll take a peek with the CVS snapshot this afternoon and see if
that corrects it.

> > In fact, "I" isn't noted even in the configuration file (aide.conf.in)
>
> Thanks for noting this, it has been added. It is mentioned in the
> aide.conf.5 man page though. 'I' is for ignoring moved files (so aide
> checks them by inode instead of filename).

I'd like to do a few other cleanups/enhancements to the man pages.  I'll
do that this afternoon if I have some time.

I have two other patches here that I'll be submitting today as well that
make the reporting output a little prettier and also cleans up the
--help option (which was very hard to read).  I'll submit those along
with the manpage updates (I did note a few issues), but I think I'll try
them with the CVS snapshot first before I submit them so you don't have
to monkey with them if changes have already been made.

--
Annvix - Secure Linux Server: http://annvix.org/
"lynx -source http://linsec.ca/vdanen.asc | gpg --import"