[Aide] 0.11rc2 observations

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Sun Jan 22 14:15:13 EET 2006

Vincent Danen wrote:
> Anyways, I have a few questions.  I see that aide complains when "c" and
> "I" are used, but this seems to extend to "c" and "i" as well as is seen
> here:

No, that is a bug. The message should really only be displayed when I
and c are used. The i has nothing to do with it. I think I fixed this by
replacing

   if ((attr&(DB_CHECKINODE|DB_CTIME)) != 0 )

by

   if (attr&DB_CHECKINODE && attr&DB_CTIME)

in commandconf.c.

> In fact, "I" isn't noted even in the configuration file (aide.conf.in)

Thanks for noting this, it has been added. It is mentioned in the
aide.conf.5 man page though. 'I' is for ignoring moved files (so aide
checks them by inode instead of filename).

Sincerely,

Richard van den Berg