[Aide] syslog support

Vincent Danen vdanen at linsec.ca
Sat Jan 21 20:00:35 EET 2006

Using 0.11rc2, it looks like syslog support is broken.  I've been poking
around in the code but can't track it down since I'm not really a C
programmer, but when I define:

report_url=syslog:LOG_LOCAL1

it still ends up going to LOG_LOCAL0 and this seems to be defined in
config.h based on the ./configure options.

If you can't specify the facility, why is it present in doc/aide.conf?
The default there is LOG_AUTH.

I have no problem setting --with-syslog_facility=LOG_LOCAL1 via
configure, but it seems too hard-coded for me, particularly when the
example conf file seems to indicate you can change it via the
configuration file.

--
Annvix - Secure Linux Server: http://annvix.org/
"lynx -source http://linsec.ca/vdanen.asc | gpg --import"