[Aide] DataBase

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Thu Dec 13 22:02:06 EET 2012

On 13-12-12 20:41, James wrote:
> Thank you for your reply. I do not know if it is appropriate, but I
> added you as a blind courtesy copy (BCC).

A Bcc or Cc is not needed since I am on this list. As a result I
received your message twice.

>     *:~$ aide --init*
>     *Couldn't open file
>     /var/lib/aide/please-dont-call-aide-without-parameters/aide.db.new
>     for writing*
>     *:~$
>     *

The problem is that you are using the Ubuntu package of aide which is
meant to use with a wrapper around it. Try: dpkg-reconfigure aide
If that doesn't help read the documentation in /usr/share/doc/aide or
ask around on an Ubuntu forum.

Or if you do not want to use the Ubuntu wrapper edit /etc/aide/aide.conf
to your liking.

Kind regards,

Richard