[Aide] How to escape hashes?

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Tue Sep 4 00:09:13 EEST 2007

Marc Haber wrote:
> Empirical tests show that \\# works.
>
> Before I put this workaround in Debian's default config for aide, I'd
> like to know whether this is intended behavior of aide, and if yes, if
> the quoting rules could be documented.

I'd have to let some of the original coders answer if this is the
intended way of quoting a hash symbol. All I can offer is that if it
works now, it's not likely to change any time in the near future. I'll
see if I can find some time later to document the way quoting works in aide.

Sincerely,

Richard van den Berg