[Aide] How to escape hashes?

Marc Haber mh+aide at zugschlus.de
Mon Sep 3 18:04:45 EEST 2007

Hi,

the aide.conf man page does not say how one is supposed to escape
special characters. A Debian user has this issue with file names that
contain hashes ("#") which cause aide to error out while parsing the
configuration file.

Empirical tests show that \\# works.

Before I put this workaround in Debian's default config for aide, I'd
like to know whether this is intended behavior of aide, and if yes, if
the quoting rules could be documented.

Greetings
Marc