[Aide] Segmentation fault

Morgan Walker jmw at M-CAM.COM
Mon Mar 13 18:19:51 EET 2006

Hello,

I have AIDE installed on about 50 cluster machines and am fairly
familiar with how AIDE works.  However I have come across a problem
which I am not sure how to overcome.  I am running Debian
2.4.27-2-sparc64-smp on a SUN Enterprise 420 R.  When I try and run aide
-check I get the following error:

File database must have one db_spec specification

/usr/bin/aide: line 9: 24848 Segmentation fault      /usr/bin/aide.real
$@

When I try and run aide -init I get the following error:

/usr/bin/aide: line 9: 24863 Segmentation fault      /usr/bin/aide.real
$@

I have tried completely removing AIDE all together (dpkg -P aide) and
then starting from scratch, but with no avail.  If there are any
suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Morgan

Morgan Walker
Systems Administrator/Engineer
M*CAM, Inc.
Omni Business Center

210 Ridge-McIntire Rd., Suite 300

Charlottesville, VA 22903
434.979.7240 x311

http://www.m-cam.com <http://www.m-cam.com>
This message, including any attachments, is intended solely for the use
of the named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution of this communication(s) is expressly prohibited.
reply e-mail and destroy any and all copies of the original message.
Thank you.