[Aide] Ceasing emails if everything is ok

Randy Brown Randy.Brown at noaa.gov
Wed Jun 7 17:04:22 EEST 2006

We are using aide to monitor our systems for changes made by our
administration group.  e.g, to flag when packages are upgraded, config
files are changed, etc.  We'd like to only get email if something
changes.  If things are OK, we don't want an email.  Is there a silent
option, or a way to suppress that message with AIDE?  I'd also like to
record the output of multiple hosts to a single file for easier
processing.  I'm sure I can figure out a complicated way to do all of
this -- write a script to filter/process the output, but I thought I'd
ask the question to see if there was something I'm missing or an
undocumented feature to accomplish even some of this. Maybe someone is
already doing something like this?

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

Randy