[Aide] Patch to add posix_fadvice

pablo@vapaa.fi pablo at vapaa.fi
Sat Jun 3 10:50:02 EEST 2006

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 11:18:34AM +0200, Richard van den Berg wrote:
> pablo at vapaa.fi wrote:
> > One propably should disable mmap to gain improvements...
>
> I haven't done any tests myself, but if mmap is actually hurting the
> performance of aide, doesn't it make sense to disable mmap by default?

It seems that niceness (for the disk cache) doesn't work withh mmap (at
least it doesn't seem to work with my system). And the performance issue
is not for AIDE. It's for the other programs running in the system.
Actually one should run some test and according the results, choose which
advice to give.

Pablo