[Aide] Trouble configuring on Solaris 10

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Wed Feb 15 21:32:36 EET 2006

Neil Saunders wrote:
> I'm trying to configure/install AIDE on Solaris 10, but am running in
> to the following error:
>
> ./configure
[snip]
> checking for yywrap in -lfl... no
> checking for yywrap in -ll... yes
[snip]
> checking size of unsigned short... configure: error: cannot compute
> sizeof (unsigned short), 77
> See `config.log' for more details.
>

> Looking though config.log, it seems that most of the C programs it
> tries to compile fail, e.g:
>
> configure:3128: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lfl   >&5
> yylex

Well you picked the 'checking for yywrap in -lfl' test, which indeed
fails. The next test 'checking for yywrap in -ll' should compile and
execute fine. That is the whole point of running configure: to see which
options work, and which fail.

Please send the relevant part of config.log (the one about unsigned
short). Or send the while config.log (compressed) when you are not sure.

Sincerely,

Richard van den Berg