[Aide] Trouble configuring on Solaris 10

Neil Saunders n.j.saunders at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 13:18:41 EET 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure/install AIDE on Solaris 10, but am running in
to the following error:

./configure
checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for bison... bison -y
checking for flex... flex
checking for yywrap in -lfl... no
checking for yywrap in -ll... yes
checking lex output file root... lex.yy
checking whether yytext is a pointer... yes
checking for library containing syslog... no
checking for vsyslog... no
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... yes
checking for egrep... egrep
checking for ANSI C header files... no
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for byte... no
checking for ushort... yes
checking for ulong... yes
checking for u16... no
checking for u32... no
checking for u64... no
checking for unsigned short... yes
checking size of unsigned short... configure: error: cannot compute
sizeof (unsigned short), 77
See `config.log' for more details.

Looking though config.log, it seems that most of the C programs it
tries to compile fail, e.g:

configure:3128: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lfl   >&5
yylex
/usr/sfw/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/3.4.3/../../../libfl.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:3134: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
| #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #define PACKAGE "aide"
| #define VERSION "0.11-rc3"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| /* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
| #ifdef __cplusplus
| extern "C"
| #endif
| /* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
|    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
| char yywrap ();
| int
| main ()
| {
| yywrap ();
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:3160: result: no

I'm not very experienced at installing software on *nix, and so any
help would be gratefully recieved!

Kind Regards,

Neil Saunders.