[Aide] Query over report_url=syslog:<some_path>

Hannes von Haugwitz hannes at vonhaugwitz.com
Fri Jan 22 00:03:19 EET 2021

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 10:51:50AM +0000, Fisher, Philip wrote:
> Your response implies to me that AIDE has never got the
> report_url=syslog:<FACILITY> to work correctly and therefore it
> remains unsupported.  Is this correct?  If someone was to look at
> "enabling" this option, would that be of interest or is the feeling of
> you experts that it is not feasible (rather than not necessary)?

Sorry, I mixed things up here.

Generally report_url=syslog:<FACILITY> is supported by AIDE upstream.

Please try to reproduce your behaviour with the current git master
version and report back if the output is still different. Please also
compare both outputs and check where they differ.

Best regards

Hannes