[Aide] Real-life benefits of AIDE configuration/database signing

Axel Rau Axel.Rau at Chaos1.DE
Wed May 13 11:29:48 EEST 2020

Hi Olivier,

Scenario 5

aide executable, database, config and history scan results is on a protected management host behind a firewall.
A script transfers (by cert authenticated ssh) executable, db and config to the target host(s), runs aide there, collects the results and the new db and deletes everything on the target.
Such a script does the job here fine since 2016 (in the current Python 3 version, earlier as Perl script).

Axel