[Aide] ***SPAM*** help with root_prefix

ppc84.ad4968 at mailnull.com ppc84.ad4968 at mailnull.com
Fri Nov 17 06:49:53 EET 2017

Hello,

I'm trying to understand how to use root_prefix (in order to
save effort in off-line database initialization and checking).
I'm using aide-0.16 on Fedora 25.

To test, I do something like:

  `mkdir /tmp/testroot`
  `touch /tmp/testroot/{x,y}`

Create aide.conf with:

  root_prefix = /tmp/testroot
  / R

And run `aide -c ./aide.conf --init`. What I get is:

  get_file_status: lstat() failed for /y: No such file or directory
  get_file_status: lstat() failed for /x: No such file or directory

The initialized database contains the one entry of "/" whose
attributes are those of the real "/" (not "/tmp/testroot" as I
expect).

If I change the rule to:

  /tmp/testroot R

I get the same result, except that "/" is not added to the database.

Can anyone guide me to the correct setup? What is root_prefix
supposed to do?

Thank you,
John