[Aide] AIDE package filling up the /run tmpfs partition

yacine khelil kmyacine at hotmail.fr
Mon Jun 5 21:53:50 EEST 2017

I have installed the aide package on an Ubuntu 16.04 server. It is initialized with aide --init and I have this in my crontab

0 5 * * * /usr/bin/aide --check

I have sevarate partitions for /var,/var/log and /. The problem is that df -h shows me a full tmpfs called /run with a size of less than 1GB (I didn't configure that partition nor its size) which is mainly filled with aide old files.

After some research in /etc/aide/, it seems to write files in /var/run but this is a sym link to /run hence somehow writing in the tmpfs which is inside the / filesystem as far as I could understand (which has more than 10GB).

How can I increase the size of the tmpfs, or ideally force aide to write in another directory (filesystem). There all multiple conf files for it in /etc/aide so which one(s) to change ?

Thank you