[Aide] Capturing changes in directory but a privileged subdirectory

John Kristoff jtk at depaul.edu
Tue Jun 7 06:23:31 EEST 2016

I'm using 0.16b1 on a Linux machiine and trying to do something like
this in an aide.conf:

  /boot  R
  !/boot/lost\+found

I'm initializing the database and running as an unprivileged user.  I'm
struggling to figure out how to exclude the priviledged (root only)
lost+found directories (and others like it) from being accessed by AIDE,
because I'm getting errors like this:

  open_dir(): Permission denied: /boot/lost+found

I've tried a variety of ways to get around this, but I must be missing
something obvious.  How can I exclude a handful of subdirectories, but
get everything else by default?

Thank you,

John