[Aide] Can't check signature: public key not found

MARK ADAMS madams9 at msn.com
Mon Dec 26 01:28:07 EET 2016

Some details:

-Linux shuttle 4.4.36-desktop-2.mga5 #1 SMP Tue Dec 6 16:56:06 UTC 2016
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

-gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.19

-Aide 0.15.1

Compiled with the following options:

WITH_MMAP
AIDE_SYSLOG_FACILITY=LOG_LOCAL1
WITH_LSTAT64
WITH_READDIR64
WITH_ZLIB
WITH_MHASH
CONFIG_FILE = "/etc/aide.conf"

My daily aide report from cron  run-parts –report /etc/cron.daily shows
me this:

Verifying the GPG signature on the database…

gpg: assuming signed data in `aide.db'
gpg: Signature made Thu 29 Oct 2015 04:09:13 AM MDT using DSA key ID
4923BBC4

I show this key on my keyring:

      pub   1024D/4923BBC4 2015-10-29
      uid                  AIDE (AIDE verification key) <aide at shuttle>
      sub   1024g/647DA878 2015-10-29

Am I missing something, or shouldn't aide use gpg to find this key and
check the db against it?

I'm sorry if I'm being obtuse here, but I have scoured Google on this
and honestly can't get the dots to line up.  Any help appreciated.

Thank you, and merry Christmas.

--
Mark Adams

"READ CAREFULLY, by reading this email, you agree, on behalf of your employer,
to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any and all
NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licences, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap,
browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use
policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I have entered into with your employer, its
partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my
ongoing rights and privileges. You further represent that you have the authority
to release me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer."