[Aide] Questions

Brian Mathis brian.mathis+aide at betteradmin.com
Tue Aug 16 01:15:29 EEST 2016

You might be able to accomplish some of your alerts using AIDE (not read
alert, maybe copy alert, yes modified alert), but AIDE will only alert you
after the damage is already done, which probably isn't what you want.  You
should actively prevent anyone from accessing the file by using proper
permissions, user/group ownership, and possibly extended acls.  Incron
might also help you get a level of immediate alerting whenever an action is
performed on the file.  You won't be able to stop 'root' from reading the
file no matter what.

~ Brian Mathis
@orev