[Aide] Need help with AIDE configuration

LIJE Creative info at lije-creative.com
Sat Apr 23 11:11:28 EEST 2016

Hi,

I tweaked /etc/default/aide as requested. The db seems to be copied now.

AIDE returned with exit code 5. Added and changed entries detected!
AIDE post run information
output database /var/lib/aide/aide.db.new was copied to
/var/lib/aide/aide.db as requested by cron job configuration
End of AIDE post run information
AIDE produced no errors.

Output is 329870 lines, truncated to 1000.
AIDE 0.16a2-19-g16ed855 found differences between database and filesystem!!
New AIDE database written to /var/lib/aide/aide.db.new
Start timestamp: 2016-04-23 06:25:06 +0200
Verbose level: 6

  Added entries:                329796
  Removed entries:              0
  Changed entries:              6

Also, AIDE does an update, not a check by default in the configuration
file. I had to put yes in the COPYNEWDB option.
I'll let you know in the following days how it's going on.

@Keith : I just used *apt-get install aide* to get AIDE on my debian jessie
8, nothing more. As Hannes said, the cron is part of this package but I
didn't know upstream AIDE doesn't contain a cron script.

Cordialement,

Jérôme LILLE | Responsable Agence
info at lije-creative.com | +33 7 70 87 02 03
Site internet : www.lije-creative.com