[Aide] Problem with prelink and CentOS6

Jobst Schmalenbach jobst at barrett.com.au
Wed Aug 12 06:02:34 EEST 2015

Hi

I have a problem with Aide and CentOS6.

No matter what I do (prelink on/off, forced a prelink run etc.) I have issues.

If I turn "prelink=on", then run "prelink -afv" and then "aide -i" immediately afterwards the initialisation will complain about some dependencies have changed, for example one of the many lines is:

  /usr/sbin/prelink: /usr/lib/libavahi-client.so.3.2.5: at least one of file's dependencies has changed since prelinking
  Error on exit of prelink child process

although I just ran "prelink -afv"!

If I turn "prelink=off" then run "prelink -ua", prelink undoes everything (I can see that) but now I still end up with messages of changed dependencies.

This is a pretty beefy machine with some nice hardware, so I really do not care about the little time saved in prelinking, but no matter what I do my reports from aide are clogged with messages about denpendency issues.

Am I doing something wrong?
Help please!

jobst

--
Do Lipton Tea employees take coffee breaks?