[Aide] install using centos rpm

Yunker, James M CIV NUWC NWPT james.yunker at navy.mil
Thu Mar 13 18:26:37 EET 2014

I re-ran configure using what you said:

./configure  --without-mmap

and the following output was seen:

Checking for deflate in : lz ... no
Configure: error: You don't have zlib properly installed. Install it or try  --with-out-zlib.

I am using Centos 6.5, 64 bit. I have zlib installed for both 32 and 64 bits. I am not sure what
They are saying.

I reinstalled zlib using :

sudo yum install zlib

so it should be okay.

It still gave me the same error when I re-installed zlib, and reran:

./configure --without-mmap

Then I  tried :

 ./configure  --without-mmap --without-zlib

The following output was seen:

checking for mhash get_block_size in -lmhash... no
configure: WARNING : No mhash means no hmac.
checking for gpg_sterror in-lgpg-error ... no
configure error: You need to have libgpg-error.a install to use libcrypt.

Now I am not sure what else to do.

It seems that I should configure with zlib,

It says it is not installed improperly.

I am assuming it is looking for the 64 bit zlib, since  my native operating system is Centos 6.5, 64 bit.

I am guessing it is not find zlib and I must direct configure it to find zlib.

I am just not sure if I am even on the correct track or not. It is just not finding zlib.

How do I direct it to find it?

What else can I do?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.