[Aide] Minimum checks for file integrity?

Andy Lawrence dr.diesel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 22:09:57 EET 2014

I'm currently running a complete test on two different machines, on each of
the following:

NORMAL
sha256
sha512
md5

Do you happen to know, are all of the above capable of detecting corrupt
files or single bit flips?  I would imagine md5 would be the quickest, but
is it enough protection?  I'm not trying to keep the NSA out, ha ha.

--
projecthuh.com
Never underestimate the carelessness of boredom...