[Aide] Aide Exit Codes

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Thu Feb 27 20:00:56 EET 2014

alex.shearn at bt.com wrote On 27-02-14 17:49:
> I thought I'd found them online (the servers I'm working with have man pages removed for some reason), but another google returns a different set of pages. Those indicate that any non-zero exit code can be interpreted to mean "Files have changed", and list a vague equation for what has changed.

The raw source of the man page is here: http://sourceforge.net/p/aide/code/ci/master/tree/doc/aide.1.in
The relevant part is:

Normally, the exit status is 0 if no errors occurred. Except when the
--check,
--compare or
--update
command was requested, in which case the exit status is defined as:

1 (new files detected?)
2 (removed files detected?)
4 (changed files detected?)

Additionally, the following exit codes are defined for generic error
conditions:

14 Error writing error
15 Invalid argument error
16 Unimplemented function error