[Aide] Need help on AIDE for centralized scanning

Danishka Navin danishka at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 21:58:25 EEST 2014

Hi,

I am using AIDE but I wan to reduce the number of mails hitting my mailbox
daily basis. Main idea is to get a single mail after scanning 50 instances.

I found sshaide but configuration is not clear to me.

When I run the script with -init option by giving remote client FQDN, i am
getting

scp: /home/user/<randomname>.<numbers>/aide.newdb: No such file or
directory

and also not sure what should be in the
~/clients/<client-domain>/aide file contain

Highly appreciate if someone can list and explain files to be in both
(client/server) side.

When we run the -init will the central server initiate client side DB after
login via ssh. And copy the DB back to server?
When the report gernate it use the files (DB) in the server side?
if so why we use configuration in server side (
/home/user/<randomname>.<numbers>/aide.conf) ?

Thanks
DN