[Aide] Is there anyway to tell AIDE to automatically accept changes to a database on a check or update

Mason Nakadomari nakadoma at hawaii.edu
Thu Sep 12 22:48:48 EEST 2013

Hi we wanted to know if it was possible to tell the config file or the aide
command to update any changes to a particular path or directory. For
example we use puppet to update our password files. While we could use
aide.init to accept all changes in mass to all of our servers we would be
ignoring any changes made from the last aide.init.  We were wondering if
there was a way to tell it to update and accept changes to say /etc/passwd
temporarily then we would take it out after the changes have been accepted.
We don't want it ignored just accepted and updated in the database. I
looked through the documentation and I couldn't find anything like this
ability. Thanks.