[Aide] AIDE configuration taking too long

Mason Nakadomari nakadoma at hawaii.edu
Sun Sep 8 15:19:54 EEST 2013

Thank you for the response Richard. I just was beginning to wonder if this
problem was unique to me. Your experience gives me some confidence that
this can be fixed since that is kind of what I have been endeavoring to do.
We use a SAN, Fibre Channel. however we run the aide-server package which
ssh to the host and runs aide on the local server. Both are SAN on fibre
Channel. Ethernet is gigabit. I felt that it shouldn't take that long. I'll
run a iostat but I don't believe I should have io problems. I'll go ahead
and get that info.

I am running it as nohup aide.init hostname & would that make a difference?