[Aide] AIDE configuration taking too long

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Sun Sep 8 12:45:27 EEST 2013

On 08-09-13 09:30, Mason Nakadomari wrote:
> However the scans still take 3 to 4 days to complete and generate
> reports 143000 lines long. Is there anyway I can speed this up or is
> cutting down on files the only way.

Aide is typically IO bound on modern systems. Such long run times
indicate severe disk performance issues. Where is your data store? A NAS
or SAN? You can monitor your IO using vmstat or iotop. Are there other
processes doing a lot of IO on this system?

On my system I scan about 20GB of data in 104388 files and aide always
finishes in a few hours. The data is on a SAN.

Kind regards,

Richard