[Aide] AIDE configuration taking too long

Marc Haber mh+aide at zugschlus.de
Thu Aug 29 21:49:17 EEST 2013

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 08:09:34AM -1000, Mason Nakadomari wrote:
> Meaning I will see if my scans go faster without those directories but I'd
> still like to scan those directories in a way to make it faster. It
> shouldn't be impossible to scan those directories should it?

/proc and /sys - on Linux - are virtual file systems that the kernel
fills with information about the system and that are used to configure
certains aspects of the system. An attacker is very unlikely to place
data in there.

/dev/ should be scanned with certain exceptions. Any moderately
experienced Unix admin should know which files should be excluded
(disks, random, zero come to mind).

Greetings
Marc