[Aide] AIDE configuration taking too long

Mason Nakadomari nakadoma at hawaii.edu
Thu Aug 29 20:21:17 EEST 2013

Thanks the goal is monitor everything but to tailor it to the files and
system. So we fully intended to only monitor things like permissions for
files that change a lot or things like /dev. But we didn't think that
looking at them at all would cause such a hang up. We are even trying to
scan using only a few basic parameters like u+p. That is good advice and we
are trying to tailor it so everything is monitored but that it doesn't pick
up on useless info. That is part of what I am trying to tweak with this.
Thanks very much for the advice. Is it impossible to scan /dev /sys and
/proc even with very basic parameters like u+p+i?