[Aide] Aide init

ncalsmitty1369 ncalsmitty1369 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 05:16:24 EEST 2012

>It may also be worth noting that Debian provides a helpful "aideinit"
command that moves the databases and uses the correct config >file
automatically.

>-Keith

Hi Keith,

Thank you for enlightening me about the match rules and on how to read the
verbose init command output. What you said made a lot of sense, but I just
couldn't understand why the method I used on a practically identical
install (other than it being a xen vm) kept failing. Your suggestion about
the aideinit command is what finally got it to work! I will have to look at
how that command works, and hopefully that will show me what is missing in
my manual process.

I really appreciate your time, suggestions, and ultimate solution.

Thanks,

Smitty