[Aide] Aide init

ncalsmitty1369 ncalsmitty1369 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 03:26:07 EEST 2012

>Smitty,
>
>Unless I'm misunderstanding something about aide or your intentions, your aide.conf is missing a match rule.
>
>Regards,
>
>Keith

Hi Keith,

On Debian boxes there is a directory called /etc/aide/aide.conf.d.
That directory contains files that have
match rules based on many different services. On Squeeze boxes, I have
created the aide.db via "aide -c

 aide.con -i". Copied the aide.db.new file to aide.db and then run the
Debian /etc/cron.daily/aide script.
The script reads in the /etc/aide.conf file and incorporates the rule
files found in aide.conf.d. It then

creates a file named aide.conf.autogenerated and places it in the
directory /var/lib/aide. Which is where
the aide.db file is kept. This is the same process that I used on
another Debian Squeeze box, non xen domU,
which worked without issues.

Did I understand your suggestion correctly? I am definitely open to
more if it helps resolve the problem!

Thanks,

Smitty