[Aide] WARNING: Old db contains a file that shouldn't be there, run --init or --update

matthew.langthorpe at stfc.ac.uk matthew.langthorpe at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Oct 9 12:32:53 EEST 2012

Hi Keith, Rami,
Essentially I'm trying to do a comparison. I should note that the system that I have inherited uses a remote machine to run comparisons, in that a daily cron job sends jobs across from client boxes to a central machine where the comparisons and the results of the comparisons are stored as text.

This has been working well for a long time for all but a handful of machines whose output is simply the error about the old db containing a file that shouldn't be there, as opposed to the details of changes to the filesystem as expected.

I've tried to copy the old.aide db file back to the client machine and then reinitialise it, but i get the same error when i try to run the comparison on the server again.

Unfortunately I cant find any useful log information either, apart from a msg about that the scan commencing.