[Aide] AIDE changing directory mtimes

Richard Dupuy Richard.Dupuy at LA.GOV
Fri Mar 23 19:57:24 EET 2012

Peter,

Thank you so much! That was the issue. I disabled prelink as you indicated and everything ran fine.

I hope a future version of AIDE can take prelink into account in such a way that this problem is circumvented, if that's possible. I'll try reenabling it from time-to-time to see.

--Rich Dupuy
State of Louisiana
-Division of Administration
-Office of Computing Services

-----Original Message-----
From: aide-bounces at cs.tut.fi [mailto:aide-bounces at cs.tut.fi] On Behalf Of Peter McInerney
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2012 5:07 AM
To: Aide user mailinglist

we had something similar on our systems, prelink was causing files scanned to have their times updated thus making the scans almost useless, we worked around this by disabling prelink on our linux servers (as there has been no benefit in leaving it on)

on our redhat systems, it was a case of changing /etc/sysconfig/prelink

PRELINKING=no

and then finally a `prelink -a`

once this was completed, we were able to successfully generate and then complete an aide check without any changes being noticed