[Aide] top root directory

Stefan Schmid schms at web.de
Mon Mar 5 12:56:30 EET 2012

( 2nd try, i hope this time it works without html format)

Hi

I am trying to include in AIDE the (top) root directory

$ ls -ald /
drwxr-xr-x  25 root     root         512 Sep  5  2011 /
$

which I would like to check for

Permissions
User
Group

However, so far I  have not been able to achieve that.
In aide.conf, I have already tried the following different setups but to no avail.

=/.         p+u+g

=/.$       p+u+g

=/          p+u+g

=/$        p+u+g

Any ideas?

FYI:

The customer wants to check only a few selected directories.
That’s why at present the aide.conf looks as follow. However, with this aide.conf
a change of the top root directory regarding p, u, g is not detected by aide as
the top root directory is newer not added to aide.db.

(..)

/boot
=/dev
=/devices