[Aide] compiling aide 0.15.1 on FreeBSD 8.2

Hannes von Haugwitz hannes at vonhaugwitz.com
Tue Sep 20 11:52:45 EEST 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 08:54:30AM +0200, Axel Rau wrote:
> The current git HEAD has a problem with verbosity:
> Even with verbosity=5, --init produces:
> ---
> f++++++++++++: /usr/share/zoneinfo/posixrules
> f++++++++++++: /usr/share/zoneinfo/zone.tab

> Detailed information about changes:
>

> Directory: /
>   File type:                                    Directory
>   Perm     :                                    drwxr-xr-x
>   Uid      :                                    0
>   Gid      :                                    0
>   Inode    :                                    2
>   Linkcount:                                    21
>
> File: /.cshrc
>   File type:                                    File
>   Size     :                                    1356
>   Perm     :                                    -rw-r--r--
>   Uid      :                                    0
>   Gid      :                                    0
>   Mtime    :                                    2010-06-09 21:42:30 +0000
>   Ctime    :                                    2011-09-16 05:48:14 +0000
>   Inode    :                                    9
>   Linkcount:                                    2
>   MD5      :                                    C64EnOIgJBlR0dt1CvKjDw==
> ---

I can't reproduce your issue with verbosity level 5.

The verbosity behaviour of --init is now the same as for the other
modes. But the details of the added files should only reported in
verbosity level 7 or above and not in verbosity level 5. Are you sure
this report was produced with verbosity level 5? The use of a
non-default verbosity level is displayed in the first lines of the
report.

For now you can use verbosity level 1 to disable the report of added
files in init mode. But the verbosity levels might change within the
development of 0.16.

Greetings

Hannes