[Aide] installing aide

Marc rhyl at lebertbro.com
Tue Oct 18 14:01:17 EEST 2011

> Please send the outputof aide  using -V255 only. Without verbosity it is
> hard to tell what is going on.

Hi,
I'm having the same issue, so here you go:

Setting verbosity to 255
commandconf():@@include /opt/aide/aide.conf

1:@@include
7:gzip_dbout =
9:@@define DBDIR /opt/aide
10:database_out =
do_dbdef (2) called with (file:/opt/aide/aide.db.out)
Output database set to "file:/opt/aide/aide.db.out" "/opt/aide/aide.db.out"
11:database_new =
do_dbdef (4) called with (file:/opt/aide/aide.db.new)
12:database =
do_dbdef (1) called with (file:/opt/aide/aide.db)
26:Equrule
29:Equrule
[...] (more of those, nothing informative after this though)

Lastly, this is the generated mail:

db_init 2
Opening file "/opt/aide/aide.db.out" for w+
Opened file "/opt/aide/aide.db.out" with fd=3
db_out is nonnull /opt/aide/aide.db.out
decode base64
db_init 256
db_init 1
Opening file "/opt/aide/aide.db" for r
Opened file "/opt/aide/aide.db" with fd=5
db_in is nonnull
Got Gzip header. Handling..
First character after gzip header is: @(0X40)
nread=120,strlen(buf)=120,errno=Success,gzerr=<fd:5>: stream end
decode base64
 name
Database does not have attr field.
Comparation may be incorrect
Generating attr-field from dbspec
It might be a good Idea to regenerate databases. Sorry.
db_char2line():Error while reading database

>Are you in fact using the debian package
>of aide? If so, please read the documentation in /usr/share/doc/aide/

Using ubuntu here, where you referring to the NEWS.Debian.gz file about the
addition of whirlpool? because theres no actual documentation in that folder and
the aforementioned error also occurs when trying to update the database.

We're also talking about a fresh aide installation here, so having an "old"
database seems very unlikely.

Thanks in advance.