[Aide] Checking database against moved directory?

Yan Li elliot.li.tech at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 18:19:48 EEST 2011

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 12:34 AM, Hannes von Haugwitz
<hannes at vonhaugwitz.com> wrote:
> The git version of AIDE (see [0]) has an option called root_prefix.
>
> If your database was created with the rule '/data <ATTRIBUTES>' you can
> use 'root_prefix=/Volume' to check the database against the data in
> '/Volume/data' (so you have to rename that directory before).

Thanks. That will solve my problem. Hope it can be released soon.

A more flexible way maybe to support path manipulation before database
checking, for example, we can support sed-like command
's/\/data/\/Volume/NewData/g'. (Yeah, I know that maybe too complex
and overkill. :)

--
Yan