[Aide] aide db as the basis for backups?

Maarten Boot mrtn.boot at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 13:50:24 EET 2011

note that aide does not store the data itself in the db only meta
information and checksums,
to make that a full backup you would need to store the data also in some
form

I had a experiment like that, not based on aide but based on storing
deltas and meta information
never had the time to work it out to a full scale program but the basics
worked well to do a backup and restore on a local machine

you may want to look at:

http://www.inmultiplecontexts.org/mboot.org/ideas/amrta