[Aide] libcrypt & libgpg-error issues on AIX 5.3

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Tue Mar 8 21:05:30 EET 2011

On 7-3-11 22:26 , Williams, Stephen wrote:
> Hmm well looks like it is still having some issues here is the latest config log.

configure:6988: checking for mhash_get_block_size in -lmhash
configure:7013: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   -L/usr/local/lib -static -lC
conftest.c -lmhash   -lcrypt >&5
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: rpl_malloc
ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more
information.
collect2: ld returned 8 exit status

Aide does not use rpl_malloc, so I guess this error comes from libmhash.

>From the Aide README:

    For AIX 5.3 it has been reported there is a problem with using mhash
    which causes an "Undefined symbol: .rpl_malloc" error. This is a problem
    in mhash_config.h which can be fixed by removing the line that reads
    #define malloc rpl_malloc

I suppose you need to recompile libmhash.a after this change.

Regards,

Richard