[Aide] libcrypt & libgpg-error issues on AIX 5.3

Williams, Stephen stephen.williams at twcable.com
Tue Feb 22 05:22:33 EET 2011

Looks like we still have issues even when I tell it to disable static
linking:

checking for mhash_get_block_size in -lmhash... no
configure: WARNING: No mhash means no hmac.
checking for gpg_strerror in -lgpg-error... no
configure: error: You need to have libgpg-error.a installed to use
libgcrypt.
root at nimdinf01:/var/tmp/AIDE/aide-0.15.1 ] grep ERROR config.log

ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .yywrap
|                       YY_FATAL_ERROR( "input in flex scanner failed" ); \
|               YY_FATAL_ERROR( "input in flex scanner failed" );
| #ifndef YY_FATAL_ERROR
| #define YY_FATAL_ERROR(msg) yy_fatal_error( msg )
|               YY_FATAL_ERROR(
|               YY_FATAL_ERROR(
|                       YY_FATAL_ERROR(
|                               YY_FATAL_ERROR(
|                       YY_FATAL_ERROR( "flex scanner push-back overflow"
);
|               YY_FATAL_ERROR( "out of dynamic memory in
yy_create_buffer()" );
|               YY_FATAL_ERROR( "out of dynamic memory in
yy_create_buffer()" );
|               YY_FATAL_ERROR( "out of dynamic memory in
yy_scan_buffer()" );
|               YY_FATAL_ERROR( "out of dynamic memory in yy_scan_bytes()"
);
|               YY_FATAL_ERROR( "bad buffer in yy_scan_bytes()" );
|                       YY_FATAL_ERROR(
|               YY_FATAL_ERROR( "start-condition stack underflow" );
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .vsyslog
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .stricmp
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .strnstr
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .asprintf
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .vasprintf
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .va_copy
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .__va_copy

Any ideas what I could do from here to try to get it to compile on AIX? I have tried everything I can think of to no avail.