[Aide] libcrypt & libgpg-error issues on AIX 5.3

Williams, Stephen stephen.williams at twcable.com
Thu Feb 17 23:45:40 EET 2011

Hey all I have been tasked with getting AIDE installed on our hosts and am trying to compile on AIX. I keep getting the following error:

checking for mhash_get_block_size in -lmhash... no
configure: WARNING: No mhash means no hmac.
checking for gpg_strerror in -lgpg-error... no
configure: error: You need to have libgpg-error.a installed to use libgcrypt.

I have compiled mhash, libcrypt, and libgpg-error and verified they are all in my path. It seems no matter what I try the configure script isn't finding what it needs. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing the issue?

Here is my env and my configure options:
./configure --with-zlib=/usr/local --with-extra-libs=/usr/local

AUTHSTATE=compat
WSM_WS_CMD="startsrc -s http4websm"
MANPATH=/opt/quest/man:
TERM=xterm
SHELL=/usr/bin/ksh
OLDPWD=/var/tmp/AIDE
WSM_DOC_DIR="/usr/websm/http/com.ibm.websm.http.server_1.0.0"
SSH_TTY=/dev/pts/0
LOCPATH=/usr/lib/nls/loc
USER=root
ODMDIR=/etc/objrepos
A__z=! LOGNAME
AIXTHREAD_SCOPE=S
MAIL=/usr/spool/mail/root
PATH=/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:/usr/java14/jre/bin:/usr/java14/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/sbin
LOGIN=root
PWD=/var/tmp/AIDE/aide-0.15.1
LANG=en_US
TZ=EST5EDT
PS1=$USER at nimdinf01:$PWD ]
WSM_CGI_DIR=
SHLVL=1
HOME=/
LC__FASTMSG=true
MAILMSG=[YOU HAVE NEW MAIL]
LOGNAME=root
SSH_CONNECTION=10.155.42.53 6946 10.136.173.59 22
_=/usr/bin/env
NLSPATH=/usr/lib/nls/msg/%L/%N:/usr/lib/nls/msg/%L/%N.cat
LIBPATH=:/usr/local/lib:/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/include
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=:/usr/local/lib:/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/include

Thanks,
-Stephen