[Aide] Compare too aggressive

Pablo Virolainen pablo at vapaa.fi
Fri Feb 4 12:38:03 EET 2011

22.12.2010 21:24, Filip Rembiałkowski kirjoitti:
> 2010/12/22 Proskurin Kirill<k.proskurin at corp.mail.ru>:
>> Yes we use renice but is is not a the way we want to fix it and it is
>> not work well for us. We prefer tiny sleep between each files check.
>>
>> We check really many files at one time.
>>

> I think you should try ionice then.

I wonder if I sent the Linux ioprio patch to the mailing list for
comments. It seems that I didn't :(
Here it is.

The current implementation uses "@@define ioclass <class>" to select
linux io priority class and ioprio to select the numerical value.
No ioprio_set call is done only if ioclass||ioprio is defined. Default
values are IOPRIO_CLASS_NONE and 0.

eg. "@@define ioclass 3" "@@define ioprio 42". ioclass can be defined
either a number or "realtime","be","best-effort","idle".
Yes. be and best-effort are the same.

Feel free to comment.

ps. You could try to configure aide --without-mmap. Just because it have
had the tendency to cause problems I think you are having.

Pablo