[Aide] large installations of AIDE?

Vijay vavarachen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 20:00:54 EEST 2011

Ben,
    Unfortunately I do not have a very good way of consuming the many
reports which come in :-(  I mostly rely on the fact that most are
reporting no change, so I don't really have to bother looking at them.
 I only look at the once which show change (mail size is a good
indicator).  I would then investigate the change and either update the
aide.db or tweak the conf file if I don't want to see such changes in
the future.  Usually it is  case of someone forgetting to follow the
procedure and run aide after a package installation  :-P

I do agree that a better way to consume, report and perform trend
analysis on such data needs to be developed.  Maybe there is already
something in the works but I am not aware of it.  Perhaps others on
this list can chime in.

Thanks,