[Aide] Creating new aide.db (ubuntu)

Marc Haber mh+aide at zugschlus.de
Tue Sep 28 20:09:47 EEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 10:11:47AM -0400, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
> 	I do not know if this is an ubuntu-specific question, but when I ran
> the ubuntu's aide.wrapper (with the option to init or check and update
> it), I see it updates aide.db.new. aide.db is left alone. Does that mean
> I have to manually move aide.db.new to aide.db? Is that by design or due
> to ubuntu's wrapper script thingie?

This is actually Debian's wrapper script thingie, and the package is
supposed to ask you whether you want to be the database to be copied.
If it didn't, Ubuntu decided to remove this important question from
the package.

By the way, the package comes with copious amounts of documentation
which you should read.

Greetings
Marc