[Aide] Could not open file

Joel zenboy at ymail.com
Thu Oct 7 16:25:50 EEST 2010

I recently installed Aide 0.15.1 on my Redhat linux server, version 5.
The  install produced no errors, but after editing the aide.conf and
initializing the database, I got an error when trying to check the  database.
It said it could not open /tmp/aide-0.15.1/etc/aide.db  I  don't have an "etc"
directory located in the aide-0.15.1 folder.  The  aide.db.new file writes to
the standard /etc/ directory. I cp  aide.db.new aide.db, but I can't get it to
read from the standard /etc/  location

How can I fix my configuration?

This is what my aide.conf file looks like:

#@@define TOPDIR /etc
@@ifndef TOPDIR
@@endif

@@ifdef DEBUG
@@define DEBUG ison
@@undef NOT_DEBUG
@@else
@@define NOT_DEBUG
@@endif

@@ifhost korppi
@@define KORPPI yes
@@endif

@@ifnhost ftp
@@define BUMMER true
@@endif

#The location of the database to be read.
database=file:aide.db
#database=file:@@{TOPDIR}/

#The location of the database to be written
#database_out=sql:host:port:database:login_name:passwd:table
#database_out=file:aide.db.new
database_out=file:aide.db.new