[Aide] Changing Subject: line between error/no error situations

Mauricio Tavares raubvogel at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 17:29:57 EET 2010

	From what I understand, if you set QUIETREPORTS=yes, you will only get
a report of something was changed. Well, I would like to still receive
emails whether there is something I need to know or not. What I would
like to do be able to differentiate between an email informing of a
change and one saying everything is kosher.

So, what I did was to add the line line

MAILSUBJ="$MAILSUBJ : $ARETEXPL"

above the unset statement shown above (line 234) in /etc/cron.daily/aide:

       fi
       MAILSUBJ="$MAILSUBJ : $ARETEXPL"
       unset ARETEXPL

It works but I was wondering if there was a better way.