[Aide] Compilation issues on Solaris 10

Hannes von Haugwitz hannes at vonhaugwitz.com
Sun Nov 14 19:01:35 EET 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 01:36:54PM +1000, John Warburton wrote:
> I have just managed to compile AIDE 0.15.1 on Solaris 10. It wasn't easy, so
> I though I'd share:
>
> System: Solaris 10 Update 8 (10/09) on SPARC, with gcc 3.4.6

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the delay.

> First issue was non-obvious need disable static compilation. As per
> http://www.mail-archive.com/aide@cs.tut.fi/msg01178.html, it would be nice
> to either make a note in configure or either INSTALL/README for Solaris

I've added a hint to the README file (see edb5ca2).

> Next was a problem with the define for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS. It seems it is
> trying to redefine what already exists in /usr/include/sys/feature_tests.h.
> See below for detail.

Fixed in 92c7878.

Currently I prepare a patch for the --with-sun-acl compile option, which
is currently broken (see [0]), but I can't test it.  Would you be
willing to test the patch? If so, please reply to the aide-devel list on
sf.net.

Regards

Hannes

[0] http://sf.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2887984&group_id=86976&atid=581579